USA: Sport-Haley Shuts Golf Apparel Factory
Sport-Haley Inc is to close its golf apparel manufacturing operation located in Four Oaks, North Carolina. The plant is the latest casualty of the company's increasing focus on offshore sourcing. Sport-Haley acquired a majority interest in the cutting and sewing manufacturing plant in 1998 and increased its ownership to 100 per cent from 1998 through fiscal year 2000. It now anticipates that its wholly-owned subsidiary, B&L Sportswear Inc (B&L), will cease manufacturing operations on or about August 10, 2001. The B&L facility currently employs approximately 35 people.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022