USA: Sport-Haley Shuts Golf Apparel Factory
Sport-Haley Inc is to close its golf apparel manufacturing operation located in Four Oaks, North Carolina. The plant is the latest casualty of the company's increasing focus on offshore sourcing. Sport-Haley acquired a majority interest in the cutting and sewing manufacturing plant in 1998 and increased its ownership to 100 per cent from 1998 through fiscal year 2000. It now anticipates that its wholly-owned subsidiary, B&L Sportswear Inc (B&L), will cease manufacturing operations on or about August 10, 2001. The B&L facility currently employs approximately 35 people.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020