USA: Sport-Haley Shuts Golf Apparel Factory
Sport-Haley Inc is to close its golf apparel manufacturing operation located in Four Oaks, North Carolina. The plant is the latest casualty of the company's increasing focus on offshore sourcing. Sport-Haley acquired a majority interest in the cutting and sewing manufacturing plant in 1998 and increased its ownership to 100 per cent from 1998 through fiscal year 2000. It now anticipates that its wholly-owned subsidiary, B&L Sportswear Inc (B&L), will cease manufacturing operations on or about August 10, 2001. The B&L facility currently employs approximately 35 people.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack