USA: Sport Supply Appointed Exclusive Distributor Of Antigua Apparel
Sport Supply Group, Inc (NYSE:GYM) today announced that it has signed an agreement with The Antigua Group, Inc ("Antigua") to become the exclusive distributor of Antigua branded products to institutions. The Antigua brand of golf and outer apparel is worn by professional golfers on the LPGA and PGA tour, and is the official brand of the NBC golf telecast team. Antigua is an official licensee of the NBA, NFL, NHL and Major League baseball. Antigua has been a manufacturer of authentic golf apparel and casual lifestyle apparel for twenty years. John P. Walker, president, stated: "The distribution agreement with Antigua allows us to market this product line exclusively to high school and collegiate golf teams as well as other team sports. In addition, Antigua's line of logo shirts allows us to market to institutional and premium organizations that procure these products for special or promotional events. This is a niche business we intend to capitalize on. Antigua is one of the most well known names in golf and their confidence in our abilities to exclusively market their products through our company speaks highly of SSG's reach into the institutional marketplace." "The strategic appointment of SSG as our exclusive distributor to high schools and municipal institutions gives us instant access to a huge market. SSG's dominant position in the market will help to grow our brand and get our product on the backs of the next generation of consumers," said L. Steven Haynes, CEO of Antigua Enterprises Inc (CDNX:ANE). Sport Supply Group is a leading direct marketer of sporting goods equipment to the institutional marketplace. The company's products and proprietary brands are used by amateur and professional athletes in schools, colleges, universities, governmental agencies, camps and youth organizations across the county. For more information about Sport Supply Group visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective