US: Sporting goods group joins fair factories scheme
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) has signed up to the Fair Factories Clearinghouse (FFC), an industry-wide initiative that aims to improve working conditions and compliance by providing an audit sharing platform.
As well as being a member of the New York-based non-for-profit group, WFSGI will be represented on the board of directors by its secretary general Robbert de Kock.
The FFC provides software that shares compliance information on factories around the world and helps companies improve ethical sourcing and conditions in outsourced manufacturing. It also helps avoid costly duplication of factory auditing and audit fatigue.
Members of the FFC already include Adidas, Chico’s, JCrew, Dress Barn, Jones Apparel, Levi Strauss, Nike, Timberland and VF Corporation.
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co is teaming up with Mark Werts, founder of the American Rag specialty stores, to launch a new premium denim concept called Industrie Denim....
Jeans-led apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has posted a double-digit rise in third quarter net profit, thanks to continued revenue growth for its core Levi's brand....
Jeanswear giant Levi Strauss & Co has selected Capgemini to develop an integrated business intelligence (BI) and data warehouse platform that will analyse the data flowing within the company....
TradeCard Inc, the supply chain collaboration platform used by retailers, brands and manufacturers, has hired Frank Bakker as VP of sales for Europe....
Hong Kong-based private label knitwear manufacturer Brilliant Global Ltd is to use the new cotton-like flax-based fibre Crailar in some of the items it produces for global brands....
Fashion retailer Just Group is joining global brands including Levi Strauss, Gucci, Benetton and Esprit in putting a stop to selling sandblasted jeans....
Campaigners are using the start of London Fashion Week to step up calls for high street retailers to take more action to end poverty pay for overseas workers....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change