US: Sporting goods group joins fair factories scheme
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) has signed up to the Fair Factories Clearinghouse (FFC), an industry-wide initiative that aims to improve working conditions and compliance by providing an audit sharing platform.
As well as being a member of the New York-based non-for-profit group, WFSGI will be represented on the board of directors by its secretary general Robbert de Kock.
The FFC provides software that shares compliance information on factories around the world and helps companies improve ethical sourcing and conditions in outsourced manufacturing. It also helps avoid costly duplication of factory auditing and audit fatigue.
Members of the FFC already include Adidas, Chico’s, JCrew, Dress Barn, Jones Apparel, Levi Strauss, Nike, Timberland and VF Corporation.
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co is teaming up with Mark Werts, founder of the American Rag specialty stores, to launch a new premium denim concept called Industrie Denim....
Jeans-led apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has posted a double-digit rise in third quarter net profit, thanks to continued revenue growth for its core Levi's brand....
Jeanswear giant Levi Strauss & Co has selected Capgemini to develop an integrated business intelligence (BI) and data warehouse platform that will analyse the data flowing within the company....
TradeCard Inc, the supply chain collaboration platform used by retailers, brands and manufacturers, has hired Frank Bakker as VP of sales for Europe....
Hong Kong-based private label knitwear manufacturer Brilliant Global Ltd is to use the new cotton-like flax-based fibre Crailar in some of the items it produces for global brands....
Fashion retailer Just Group is joining global brands including Levi Strauss, Gucci, Benetton and Esprit in putting a stop to selling sandblasted jeans....
Campaigners are using the start of London Fashion Week to step up calls for high street retailers to take more action to end poverty pay for overseas workers....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015