US: Sporting goods group joins fair factories scheme
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) has signed up to the Fair Factories Clearinghouse (FFC), an industry-wide initiative that aims to improve working conditions and compliance by providing an audit sharing platform.
As well as being a member of the New York-based non-for-profit group, WFSGI will be represented on the board of directors by its secretary general Robbert de Kock.
The FFC provides software that shares compliance information on factories around the world and helps companies improve ethical sourcing and conditions in outsourced manufacturing. It also helps avoid costly duplication of factory auditing and audit fatigue.
Members of the FFC already include Adidas, Chico’s, JCrew, Dress Barn, Jones Apparel, Levi Strauss, Nike, Timberland and VF Corporation.
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co is teaming up with Mark Werts, founder of the American Rag specialty stores, to launch a new premium denim concept called Industrie Denim....
Jeans-led apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has posted a double-digit rise in third quarter net profit, thanks to continued revenue growth for its core Levi's brand....
Jeanswear giant Levi Strauss & Co has selected Capgemini to develop an integrated business intelligence (BI) and data warehouse platform that will analyse the data flowing within the company....
TradeCard Inc, the supply chain collaboration platform used by retailers, brands and manufacturers, has hired Frank Bakker as VP of sales for Europe....
Hong Kong-based private label knitwear manufacturer Brilliant Global Ltd is to use the new cotton-like flax-based fibre Crailar in some of the items it produces for global brands....
Fashion retailer Just Group is joining global brands including Levi Strauss, Gucci, Benetton and Esprit in putting a stop to selling sandblasted jeans....
Campaigners are using the start of London Fashion Week to step up calls for high street retailers to take more action to end poverty pay for overseas workers....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019