N. IRELAND: Sports Connection Moves Into Northern Ireland
The retail business, which launched a transactional website last June, is also developing its Bear USA and Ecko clothing ranges, which it says are outselling major brands, such as Nike and Adidas.
Managing director Paul Stern said: "Sales over the past few months have been very encouraging and we are determined to use that as a springboard for even stronger figures in the future."
Privately-owned Sports Connection claims sales were up 16.5 per cent in the six-week Christmas period to January 7, and like-for-likes increased 7.2 per cent.
Sales for the 23 weeks to February 4 were up 14.3 per cent, and like-for-likes rose 6.2 per cent.
Companies: Nike Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Sportswear company Adidas-Salomon AG, which this week announced it was selling its Salomon winter sports goods arm, says it predicts sales and profits to continue to rise during 2006, Dow Jones report...
Knit and apparel maker Fanco says the termination of its supply deal with sportswear giant Adidas will cause a €6.0 million loss in 2005....
Sportswear giant Adidas-Salomon AG has lost out in a feud over whether athletes can wear garments featuring its three-stripe logo at the Olympic Games....
Sports goods giant Adidas-Salomon has decided to sell off its Salomon division to Finnish company Amer Sports for approximately €485 million....
Sportswear major Adidas says that India is on track to overtake Malaysia as its number one Southeast Asian market....
Sportswear giant Adidas has signed a $26.67 million deal with The University of Kansas to kit out all of its teams for the next eight years, signalling the end of a long-lasting agreement with Nike, w...
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts