UK: Sports Direct “confident” after 11% Q3 sales surge
- Q3 group sales up 11.2% to GBP655.4m
- Sports retail sales up 6.9% to GBP529.9m
- Company “confident” of hitting FY targets
Retailer Sports Direct International said it was on track to meet its full-year earnings forecast after seeing group sales rise 11.2% in the three months to 18 February.
Sports retail sales were up 6.9% in the third quarter, while premium lifestyle revenues surged up 52.5% to GBP71.2m and the company’s brands division posted a sales increase of 15.5% to GBP54.3m.
“Online also performed strongly, with non-UK online gross profit contribution expected to be greater than the UK equivalent by the end of this financial year,” said company chief executive Dave Forsey.
He added that the company remained “very confident” of achieving its full-year underlying EBITDA target of GBP310m.
Sports Direct International has remained tight-lipped over reports it is facing an investigation over the way 80 staff at its Scottish warehouse were made redundant when administrators were called in....
Sports Direct International Plc. has been one of the successes in UK high street retail over the last 10 years. The sports apparel and equipment retailer has grown rapidly, hastening the demise of for...
Sports Direct International owner Mike Ashley has placed his USC apparel chain into administration and re-acquired it through his Republic clothing fascia....
Introduction Footwear in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018).......
UK retailer Sports Direct International has remained tight lipped over reports it is planning to close up to a third of its loss-making USC fashion stores....
Introduction Footwear in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil......
UK retailer Sports Direct International has delivered a robust performance in its first-half, analysts have said, with earnings up nearly 10%....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Key pieces of US trade agenda signed into law
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Myanmar makers mull shut-downs over wage plans
- WEBINAR: Compliance: Why has it failed?
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years