UK: Sports Direct founder takes stake in House of Fraser
A spokesperson for House of Fraser confirmed the transaction today (8 April) but declined to give further details on the deal. An announcement is expected later today.
According to Reuters, Ashley, who holds a 62% share in the sporting goods retailer, bought the stake from Scottish tycoon Tom Hunter.
The agreement comes days after reports emerged that Chinese conglomerate Sanpower is preparing to take an 89% stake in the department store retailer. A surprise bid by the firm last week is understood to value House of Fraser at more than GBP450m (US$749.2m).
The two companies are said to have been in secret talks for several months.
Introduction Footwear in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018).......
Introduction Footwear in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil......
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
UK retailer Sports Direct International has booked an increase in first-quarter sales and profit, despite a "disappointing" performance around the World Cup....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- US textile innovation hub could expand re-shoring
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam