UK: Sports Direct silent on Elverys takeover talk
UK retailer Sports Direct has refused to be drawn on reports it is looking to acquire Elverys, the oldest sports chain in Ireland.
According to a report in The Guardian, Sports Direct's Irish partner Heatons has offered to pay EUR2.5m (US$3.4m) more than a EUR10m offer from the Elverys management.
Elverys, which runs 55 stores in Ireland, was set to be placed into receivership before being acquired by a management team backed by financial firm Capnua.
Sports Direct declined to comment when contacted by just-style.
The sports retailer has been adding to its existing brand portfolio for some time. Last year, it acquired a majority stake in outdoor clothing and equipment business Yeomans, and bought camping and outdoor brand Gelert out of administration.
Sports Direct's near 20% rise in full-year profit has been hailed as a strong performance by one analyst, who expects earnings growth to continue....
Retailer Sports Direct International has said it is not considering an offer UK footwear chain Office following recent trade speculation....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
UK retailer Sports Direct International says it is confident it will meet its full-year profit target, after booking a double-digit hike in fourth-quarter sales....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change