UK: Sports Direct silent on Heatons legal action
UK retailer Sports Direct has refused to be drawn on a report it is in the process of taking legal action against Irish department store retailer Heatons.
According to a report in The Irish Times, Sports Direct-owned Sportsdirect.com Retail is suing Heatons on competition grounds.
It added that the dispute is believed to revolve around the application of non compete agreements allegedly agreed between the two companies.
The case, which was filed in November 2012, is listed for a four-day hearing in the High Court next month.
However, a spokesperson for the company declined to comment when contacted by just-style.
The report comes after Sports Direct last week welcomed news that a temporary examiner had been appointed for Elverys, as it sets its sights on acquiring the Irish sportswear chain. Sports Direct said Elverys, which operates 55 stores, said the chain would be "an excellent strategic fit" for the company.
Sports Direct International has remained tight-lipped over reports it is facing an investigation over the way 80 staff at its Scottish warehouse were made redundant when administrators were called in....
Sports Direct International Plc. has been one of the successes in UK high street retail over the last 10 years. The sports apparel and equipment retailer has grown rapidly, hastening the demise of for...
Sports Direct International owner Mike Ashley has placed his USC apparel chain into administration and re-acquired it through his Republic clothing fascia....
Introduction Footwear in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018).......
UK retailer Sports Direct International has remained tight lipped over reports it is planning to close up to a third of its loss-making USC fashion stores....
Introduction Footwear in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil......
UK retailer Sports Direct International has delivered a robust performance in its first-half, analysts have said, with earnings up nearly 10%....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry