UK: Sports Direct silent on Heatons legal action
UK retailer Sports Direct has refused to be drawn on a report it is in the process of taking legal action against Irish department store retailer Heatons.
According to a report in The Irish Times, Sports Direct-owned Sportsdirect.com Retail is suing Heatons on competition grounds.
It added that the dispute is believed to revolve around the application of non compete agreements allegedly agreed between the two companies.
The case, which was filed in November 2012, is listed for a four-day hearing in the High Court next month.
However, a spokesperson for the company declined to comment when contacted by just-style.
The report comes after Sports Direct last week welcomed news that a temporary examiner had been appointed for Elverys, as it sets its sights on acquiring the Irish sportswear chain. Sports Direct said Elverys, which operates 55 stores, said the chain would be "an excellent strategic fit" for the company.
Sports Direct's near 20% rise in full-year profit has been hailed as a strong performance by one analyst, who expects earnings growth to continue....
Retailer Sports Direct International has said it is not considering an offer UK footwear chain Office following recent trade speculation....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
UK retailer Sports Direct International says it is confident it will meet its full-year profit target, after booking a double-digit hike in fourth-quarter sales....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies