UK: Sports Direct silent on Heatons legal action
UK retailer Sports Direct has refused to be drawn on a report it is in the process of taking legal action against Irish department store retailer Heatons.
According to a report in The Irish Times, Sports Direct-owned Sportsdirect.com Retail is suing Heatons on competition grounds.
It added that the dispute is believed to revolve around the application of non compete agreements allegedly agreed between the two companies.
The case, which was filed in November 2012, is listed for a four-day hearing in the High Court next month.
However, a spokesperson for the company declined to comment when contacted by just-style.
The report comes after Sports Direct last week welcomed news that a temporary examiner had been appointed for Elverys, as it sets its sights on acquiring the Irish sportswear chain. Sports Direct said Elverys, which operates 55 stores, said the chain would be "an excellent strategic fit" for the company.
Sports Direct International has remained tight-lipped over reports it is facing an investigation over the way 80 staff at its Scottish warehouse were made redundant when administrators were called in....
Sports Direct International Plc. has been one of the successes in UK high street retail over the last 10 years. The sports apparel and equipment retailer has grown rapidly, hastening the demise of for...
Sports Direct International owner Mike Ashley has placed his USC apparel chain into administration and re-acquired it through his Republic clothing fascia....
UK retailer Sports Direct International has remained tight lipped over reports it is planning to close up to a third of its loss-making USC fashion stores....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras