UK: Sports Direct silent on Heatons legal action
UK retailer Sports Direct has refused to be drawn on a report it is in the process of taking legal action against Irish department store retailer Heatons.
According to a report in The Irish Times, Sports Direct-owned Sportsdirect.com Retail is suing Heatons on competition grounds.
It added that the dispute is believed to revolve around the application of non compete agreements allegedly agreed between the two companies.
The case, which was filed in November 2012, is listed for a four-day hearing in the High Court next month.
However, a spokesperson for the company declined to comment when contacted by just-style.
The report comes after Sports Direct last week welcomed news that a temporary examiner had been appointed for Elverys, as it sets its sights on acquiring the Irish sportswear chain. Sports Direct said Elverys, which operates 55 stores, said the chain would be "an excellent strategic fit" for the company.
Sports Direct International has remained tight-lipped over reports it is facing an investigation over the way 80 staff at its Scottish warehouse were made redundant when administrators were called in....
Sports Direct International Plc. has been one of the successes in UK high street retail over the last 10 years. The sports apparel and equipment retailer has grown rapidly, hastening the demise of for...
Sports Direct International owner Mike Ashley has placed his USC apparel chain into administration and re-acquired it through his Republic clothing fascia....
Introduction Footwear in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018).......
UK retailer Sports Direct International has remained tight lipped over reports it is planning to close up to a third of its loss-making USC fashion stores....
Introduction Footwear in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil......
UK retailer Sports Direct International has delivered a robust performance in its first-half, analysts have said, with earnings up nearly 10%....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide