UK/US: Sports Direct to bid for Umbro?
The Telegraph reported yesterday that while the company declined to comment, a source close to founder Mike Ashley said there was "logic" in taking on Umbro, the Telegraph reported.
"Divesting of Umbro and Cole Haan will allow us to focus our resources on the highest-potential opportunities for Nike Inc to continue to drive sustainable, profitable growth for our shareholders," said Nike CEO Mark Parker.
Esprit has pledged to eliminate all hazardous chemicals from its textile and clothing supply chain by 2020, joining the Roadmap to Zero initiative launched by a number of leading brands and retailers ...
House of Fraser has remained coy on reports Mike Ashley, founder of Sports Direct, is looking to acquire a stake in the department store retailer....
Top stories of the week include a look at the clothing and textile challenges that face Xi Jinping, the new leader of the Chinese Communist Party, accusations by Greenpeace that 20 leading fashion bra...
Twenty leading fashion brands are selling clothing contaminated with chemicals with hormone-disrupting or cancer-causing properties when released into the environment, according to Greenpeace Internat...
Sportswear retailer Foot Locker has unveiled a new store concept designed for women, featuring fit zones....
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- American Eagle Outfitters Q1 earnings soar
- Apparel bright spot in Wal-Mart Q1
- EU and Turkey to update customs union
- Burberry shares slide as FY outlook slashed