UK/US: Sports Direct to bid for Umbro?
The Telegraph reported yesterday that while the company declined to comment, a source close to founder Mike Ashley said there was "logic" in taking on Umbro, the Telegraph reported.
"Divesting of Umbro and Cole Haan will allow us to focus our resources on the highest-potential opportunities for Nike Inc to continue to drive sustainable, profitable growth for our shareholders," said Nike CEO Mark Parker.
Esprit has pledged to eliminate all hazardous chemicals from its textile and clothing supply chain by 2020, joining the Roadmap to Zero initiative launched by a number of leading brands and retailers ...
House of Fraser has remained coy on reports Mike Ashley, founder of Sports Direct, is looking to acquire a stake in the department store retailer....
Top stories of the week include a look at the clothing and textile challenges that face Xi Jinping, the new leader of the Chinese Communist Party, accusations by Greenpeace that 20 leading fashion bra...
Twenty leading fashion brands are selling clothing contaminated with chemicals with hormone-disrupting or cancer-causing properties when released into the environment, according to Greenpeace Internat...
Sportswear retailer Foot Locker has unveiled a new store concept designed for women, featuring fit zones....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019