USA: Sportsline.com Buys Some Assets Of Outdoor Apparel Etailer
MVP.com had laid off about 115 employees over the past month. Late last year Sportsline severed a marketing agreement with MVP.com because of overdue payments. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Sportsline acquired domain names, trademarks and certain other assets associated with the websites MVP.com, PlanetOutdoors.com, igogolf.com, tennisdirect.com, and golfclubtrader.com. MVP.com is backed by Benchmark Capital and Freeman Spogli, as well as former professional athletes John Elway, Wayne Gretzky, and Michael Jordan. MVP.com could not be reached for comment.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"