USA: Sportswear Distributor Broder Bros Names New CEO
The Michigan-based company, which carries T-shirts, sweatshirts, corporate casualwear and sweaters and denim, said McCurry will work closely with its president, Vincent Tyra, whose extensive experience includes having served as president of Fruit of the Loom's Retail and Activewear business.
"We are extremely pleased to have a seasoned executive of Jim's calibre join our management team," said Harold Brode, former owner and CEO of Broder Bros. "His background and experience in leading companies to achieve rapid, profitable growth will be a tremendous asset to our company."
Private investment firm Bain Capital acquired a majority interest in Broder Bros two years ago in which time Broder Bros has grown from six to 14 distribution centres across the US via acquisition and new facility openings.
Companies: Fruit of the Loom
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Up to 28,000 Fruit of the Loom shareholders are in for a windfall after a federal judge approved two class-action settlements against the company....
Clothing manufacturer Fruit of the Loom said it will stop all operations at its Irish production plant in Buncrana in Co Donegal on 26 May, The Irish Times reported....
Apparel maker Fruit of the Loom is to close down its Irish operations a year earlier than planned....
Union Underwear Inc is setting up a new distribution centre in Berkeley County, South Carolina, which will initially create up to 200 jobs....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective