JAPAN: Sportswear Maker Descente Trips Into The Red
Japanese sportswear maker Descente Ltd has recorded a loss for the second year in a row. The company blamed slack sales and one-off costs stemming from the termination of unprofitable sportswear brands for its net loss of 1,852 million yen and pre-tax loss of 1,608 million yen. These figures amplify the group net loss of 851 million yen and pre-tax loss of 830 million yen recorded a year earlier.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"