UK: SRG Snaps Up Chester Barrie Brand
British apparel retailer Speciality Retail Group (SRG), has snapped up the intellectual property rights to the famous Saville Row tailor and upmarket clothing manufacturer Chester Barrie, for an undisclosed sum.
SRG director Toby York told The Sentinel the Chester Barrie brand would complement its existing brands and said attempts were being made to source production in the UK instead of overseas.
He told the paper: "Chester Barrie is like the Rolls Royce of tailoring and we will not compromise its reputation for quality. We are in talks with a number of sources to make the suits for us, one of which is the management team at Chester Barrie. Manufacturing overseas is only an option if we are successful in our first choice."
The Sentinel added that a management team led by former Chester Barrie general manager Ian Wilson has created Cheshire Clothing Company Ltd and acquired the manufacturing units in order to continue the production for private label customers like Oswald Boateng and Ralph Lauren.
Companies: Ralph Lauren Corporation
Luxury goods company Polo Ralph Lauren has appointed Steven Murphy, president and chief executive of Rodale, to its board of directors....
Luxury goods company Polo Ralph Lauren has announced a set of executive appointments aimed at boosting its growing business and improving its supply chain....
Upmarket clothing label Polo Ralph Lauren has enjoyed a 31 per cent hike in second-quarter net income on better wholesale and retail sales....
The United States Polo Association and apparel company Jordache Limited have been granted the right to use horse logos on their goods after a court case concluded they do not infringe on the trademark...
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation says it enjoyed a fourfold growth in first-quarter profit due to good demand for spring and summer collections....
Luxury goods giant Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has completed the acquisition of Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc from sportswear company Reebok International Ltd....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has named Jonathan Drucker as senior vice president, general counsel, as of 18 July 2005....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corp has reported a dive in first-quarter net income, affected by expenses due to litigation and restructuring....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020