PAKISTAN: Sri Lanka Seeks Textile Tie-Up With Pakistan
Sri Lankan Consul General NR Meemeduma has sought help from Pakistani businessmen to help develop Sri Lanka's textile industry, Asia Pulse reported. "Our country is looking forward to establishing joint ventures with the Pakistani textile industry backed by supply of machinery and raw material," he said at a meeting with Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) vice president Munir Ahmed Khan, who demanded that Pakistan sign a preferential trade agreement with Sri Lanka to help promote bilateral trade between the two countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"