PAKISTAN: Sri Lanka Seeks Textile Tie-Up With Pakistan
Sri Lankan Consul General NR Meemeduma has sought help from Pakistani businessmen to help develop Sri Lanka's textile industry, Asia Pulse reported. "Our country is looking forward to establishing joint ventures with the Pakistani textile industry backed by supply of machinery and raw material," he said at a meeting with Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) vice president Munir Ahmed Khan, who demanded that Pakistan sign a preferential trade agreement with Sri Lanka to help promote bilateral trade between the two countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar