Sri Lanka's Star Garments eyes software productivity boost
Sri Lanka clothing firm Star Garments Limited is implementing the BlueCherry Software suite to enhance social compliance reporting and help support its commitment to speed to market and an increase in productivity.
The Sri Lankan company is a full-service provider of women's apparel with seven factories and 6,000 workers.
It has selected CGS's BlueCherry Shop Floor Control (formerly Leadtec) to support its operations. The solution provides a comprehensive view of factory activity, enabling factory managers to track activities in real-time, such as low productivity that affects overall process efficiencies.
The company says the implementation of BlueCherry will give it greater speed to market and an increase in productivity.
"With the implementation of BlueCherry, this continues our desire and mission to be 'Best in the World'," says A Sukumaran, managing director of Star Garments.
In supporting Star Garments' commitment to speed to market, efficiency and enhanced quality assurance reporting, CGS says it has deployed a "stunningly rapid" implementation methodology to accelerate the return on investment (ROI).
Star Garments will also benefit from enhanced social compliance reporting and an actionable intelligence (AI) tool that provides line supervisors and factory managers with key analytics and production data in real-time. The manufacturer will also leverage metrics in the BlueCherry Shop Floor Control mobile application to improve its production workers' user experience.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective