USA: St John Knits Grows With Movex
The vertically integrated manufacturing business has enjoyed extraordinary growth over the years, and considers it essential to have a fully integrated software solution with strong manufacturing, production planning, supply chain planning and reporting capabilities.
It started to implement Movex Fashion from Intentia International AB last summer, and now plans plans to roll out the software to its multiple locations in Southern California. Once all sites are brought online, the Movex enterprise system, running on the IBM iSeries/400, will have 350 users.
According to COO Bruce Fetter, St John Knits sought an integrated and scalable platform on which to build for the future. "Movex Fashion will enable us to continue to reduce manufacturing cycle times and improve service to customers worldwide."
Unlike many fashion manufacturers, St. John Knits maintains its own factories and produces all components for its core product lines. The company creates its own designs, twists and dyes the proprietary wool and rayon yarns, knits and finishes the garments, and manufactures the hardware, buttons and jewellery in its California facilities.
Designed specifically for apparel, footwear and textile manufacturers and distributors, Movex Fashion offers a comprehensive information system integrating industry-specific functionality with a full suite of applications for collaborative enterprise management.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022