US: St John Knits hires Dolce & Gabbana exec as new CEO
Upmarket women's clothing label St John Knits International Inc has hired Glenn McMahon, the president of Dolce & Gabbana USA, as its new chief executive.
McMahon is due to take up his new role on 1 September and fills a post that has been vacant since former CEO Richard Cohen made a surprise exit from the company in April 2006.
Interim chief executive Bruce Fetter will resume his prior roles of president and chief operating officer.
McMahon, who oversaw Dolce & Gabbana and D&G's wholesale and retail business in North America, as well as Dolce & Gabbana's business in Latin and South America, has also held posts at Ellen Tracy Inc, Giorgio Armani Le Collezioni USA, and Donna Karan International Inc.
Richard Cohen was hired to revitalise the company in June 2004, but was criticised for alienating the core over-40s customer with new, trendier fashions. Cohen also signed high-profile actress Angelina Jolie as the new face of the brand in September 2005.
French cosmetics firm L'Oreal has been linked with buying a stake in Giorgio Armani by Italian press....
Armani has opened a huge flagship store in Tokyo's upscale Ginza district....
Italian fashion giant Giorgio Armani has reportedly snapped up football icon David Beckham to model its underwear....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report