USA: St John Knits Posts Flat Q1 Profit
Women's clothing designer and marketer St John Knits International Inc on Tuesday posted flat first quarter net income of $7.3 million with revenue down five per cent to $92.3m compared to the year-ago period. The California-based firm said although retail sales increased during the period they failed to offset a fall in wholesale sales. It added sales at full-price stores climbed 15 per cent to $33.3m and same-store sales rose 9.9 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"