USA: Stage Stores Announces New Credit Agreement
Stage Stores Inc. today announced a three year $450 million debtor-in-possession credit agreement with Citicorp USA Inc. as agent. The company also announced that the credit agreement was approved by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas in an interim order dated June 2, 2000. The interim order approved borrowings of up to $385 million. Jack Wiesner, chairman, interim chief executive officer and president, commented, "This new credit agreement provides the company with significant liquidity to help ensure we can meet all of our financial obligations in the ordinary course of business." Stage Stores Inc. brings nationally recognized brand name apparel, accessories, cosmetics and footwear for the entire family to small towns and communities throughout the United States. The company currently operates more than 600 stores in 33 states, primarily under the Stage, Bealls and Palais Royal names. Any statements in this release that may be considered forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. These risks and uncertainties are discussed in periodic reports filed by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission that the company urges investors to consider.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020