USA: Stage Stores Announces Store Closing Program
Stage Stores Inc. today announced that the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas approved the Company's plan to close 120 under performing stores as a part of its restructuring process. Jack Wiesner, chairman, interim chief executive officer and president, commented, "As a part of our restructuring process, we identified 470 core stores in 20 states which will serve as our base for returning the company to profitability. The 120 stores we will be closing represent stores that were not profitable or stores which are outside of our geographic base." Mr. Wiesner continued, "In order to begin focusing on our core operations immediately, we have engaged the Ozer Group and Hilco Trading Company to manage the liquidation process at these stores scheduled for closure. Under our agreement, we will receive a guaranteed price for the inventory, net of related expenses, located in these stores and Ozer and Hilco will manage and be responsible for all aspects of the liquidation process." Stage Stores Inc brings nationally recognized brand name apparel, accessories, cosmetics and footwear for the entire family to small towns and communities throughout the US. The company currently operates stores under the Stage, Bealls and Palais Royal names.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report