USA: Stage Stores Given Extended Time To Restructure
Stage Stores Inc has received approval from the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas to extend the "exclusivity period" in its bankruptcy proceeding until March 31, 2001. In a statement, Jack Wiesner, chairman of the board of directors, commented: "The extension of the exclusivity period through March 31, 2001 will allow the company to continue to develop and implement its restructuring plan." Stage Stores Inc retails brand name apparel, accessories, cosmetics and footwear throughout the United States. The company currently operates stores under the Stage, Bealls and Palais Royal names.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022