USA: Stage Stores Given Extended Time To Restructure
Stage Stores Inc has received approval from the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas to extend the "exclusivity period" in its bankruptcy proceeding until March 31, 2001. In a statement, Jack Wiesner, chairman of the board of directors, commented: "The extension of the exclusivity period through March 31, 2001 will allow the company to continue to develop and implement its restructuring plan." Stage Stores Inc retails brand name apparel, accessories, cosmetics and footwear throughout the United States. The company currently operates stores under the Stage, Bealls and Palais Royal names.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands