US: Stage Stores lowers FY guidance, sales fall
US apparel, footwear and accessories retailer Stage Stores has lowered its earnings guidance for the full year and revealed slowing traffic hit sales in the run up to Christmas.
In the nine weeks ended 4 January, sales dropped to US$427m from $428m in the prior year quarter. Comparable store sales dropped 1.5%.
CEO Michael Glazer said the company was "pleased" with its strong sales in early November and during Thanksgiving and Black Friday. However, he said traffic slowed in the weeks leading up to Christmas and so the firm was unable to maintain its early positive sales trend.
Based on the sales results and the impact of a "highly promotional environment on merchandise margin", Stage Stores reduced its 2013 adjusted EPS guidance to a range of $1.10 to $1.15 from $1.20 to $1.30 previously.
The company will report its fourth-quarter and full-year sales and earnings results on 6 March.
US department store retailer Stage Stores has raised its full-year earnings guidance on the back of holiday sales growth....
Stage Stores, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
US retailer Stage Stores has narrowed its third quarter net loss and reaffirmed EPS guidance for its next quarter....
Synopsis Canadean's "Stage Stores, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a comp...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide