US: Stage Stores lowers FY guidance, sales fall
US apparel, footwear and accessories retailer Stage Stores has lowered its earnings guidance for the full year and revealed slowing traffic hit sales in the run up to Christmas.
In the nine weeks ended 4 January, sales dropped to US$427m from $428m in the prior year quarter. Comparable store sales dropped 1.5%.
CEO Michael Glazer said the company was "pleased" with its strong sales in early November and during Thanksgiving and Black Friday. However, he said traffic slowed in the weeks leading up to Christmas and so the firm was unable to maintain its early positive sales trend.
Based on the sales results and the impact of a "highly promotional environment on merchandise margin", Stage Stores reduced its 2013 adjusted EPS guidance to a range of $1.10 to $1.15 from $1.20 to $1.30 previously.
The company will report its fourth-quarter and full-year sales and earnings results on 6 March.
US department store retailer Stage Stores has raised its full-year earnings guidance on the back of holiday sales growth....
Stage Stores, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
US retailer Stage Stores has narrowed its third quarter net loss and reaffirmed EPS guidance for its next quarter....
Synopsis Canadean's "Stage Stores, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a comp...
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019