US: Stage Stores lowers FY guidance, sales fall
US apparel, footwear and accessories retailer Stage Stores has lowered its earnings guidance for the full year and revealed slowing traffic hit sales in the run up to Christmas.
In the nine weeks ended 4 January, sales dropped to US$427m from $428m in the prior year quarter. Comparable store sales dropped 1.5%.
CEO Michael Glazer said the company was "pleased" with its strong sales in early November and during Thanksgiving and Black Friday. However, he said traffic slowed in the weeks leading up to Christmas and so the firm was unable to maintain its early positive sales trend.
Based on the sales results and the impact of a "highly promotional environment on merchandise margin", Stage Stores reduced its 2013 adjusted EPS guidance to a range of $1.10 to $1.15 from $1.20 to $1.30 previously.
The company will report its fourth-quarter and full-year sales and earnings results on 6 March.
US retailer Stage Stores has narrowed its third quarter net loss and reaffirmed EPS guidance for its next quarter....
Stage Stores, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
Synopsis Canadean's "Stage Stores, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a comp...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie