USA: Stage Stores Names New President and CEO
Stage Stores Inc announced today the appointment of James Scarborough as its new president and chief executive officer. "Jim is a strong leader who will help the company re-establish itself as a premier retailer of brand name apparel in small town America. Jim has a tremendous background in the retail industry and is intensely concerned about customer service and satisfaction," said Jack Wiesner, chairman of the board of directors. "We believe that, through his innovation, motivation and leadership, our company will be able to better anticipate and meet our customers' needs." Scarborough's responsibilities will include the overall strategic, merchandising, marketing, operational and financial leadership of the company. In this position, Scarborough will work directly with senior executives and the board of directors. "I'm looking forward to the challenge of making this company prosperous again," Scarborough said. "We have to refocus on what has made this company successful in the first place, and that is delivering quality, brand-name family apparel to communities and small towns across America."Prior to joining Stage Stores, Scarborough served as the president and CEO of Busy Body Inc, a specialty retailer of fitness equipment, after holding the same positions with Seattle Lighting Inc. Since Stage Stores is currently in reorganization under the protection of Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code, Scarborough's employment contract will be submitted to the US Bankruptcy Court in Houston. Wiesner will continue to work with Stage in the role of non-executive chairman of the board of directors and will oversee the company's bankruptcy proceedings. Stage Stores Inc brings nationally recognized brand name apparel, accessories, cosmetics and footwear for the entire family to small towns and communities throughout the United States. The company operates more than 470 stores in 20 states, primarily under the Stage, Bealls and Palais Royal names.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar