US: Stage Stores optimistic despite Q4 earnings fall
- Q4 net profit down 30.4%
- Sales fall 5.4%
- To sell Steele's retail division
Stage Stores said it is optimistic about its prospects for 2014, despite revealing a drop in earnings and sales for fourth-quarter.
In the three months ended 1 February, earnings totalled US$24.9m, a drop of 30.4% on last year. The decline was due to charges of $4.5m related to the company entering into an agreement for the sale of its Steele's retail division.
Sales in the period dropped 5.4% to $499.4m, while same-store sales were down 1.1%.
Nonetheless, CEO Michael Glazer, said: "We are optimistic about our prospects for 2014. The initiatives we undertook last year should drive 2014 growth. We plan on opening, expanding or relocating 40 to 50 stores, introducing additional high profile brands, rolling out more cosmetics counters and leveraging our eCommerce platform to accelerate the growth of our direct-to-consumer business."
The company expects that comparable store sales for the year, excluding Steele's, to range from flat to up 2% and adjusted EPS to be in a range of $1.35 to $1.45.
US department store retailer Stage Stores has raised its full-year earnings guidance on the back of holiday sales growth....
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Myanmar textile association to lift garment makers
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis