US: Stage Stores Q4 profit, sales edge up
- Q4 net profit US$32.7m, versus $32m last year
- Net sales up 5.6% to $479.1m
- Expects slight comps increase in FY 2012
Retailer Stage Stores blamed the promotional retail environment for its failure to reach its profit goal in the fourth quarter, with net income edging up only slightly on last year.
The US company reported a 5.6% increase in net sales in the three months to 28 January, but said it expected comparable store sales in fiscal 2012 to be flat or up 2% at most.
“Despite a 22% increase in earnings per share, we fell short of our bottom-line goal,” said Andy Hall, Stage Stores president and CEO.
“Our results are a reflection of the highly promotional business environment that was prevalent throughout the quarter.”
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' August 2012 sales results. ...
Lured by warm weather and promotions to clear summer merchandise, US shoppers hit the stores in July giving an overall boost to many apparel retailers - but the results shed little light on back-to-sc...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' July 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022