US: Stage Stores seeks new chief merchandising officer
Regional department store operator Stage Stores Inc is looking for a new chief merchandising officer after Rich Maloney resigned to pursue other interests.
Maloney joined the company in October 2008 and served as chief merchandising officer since February 2010. The company today (2 February) said it has begun a search for his replacement.
The departure was announced as the company lowered its full-year earnings guidance to the range of $0.92 to $0.93 per share, versus previous guidance of $1.02 to $1.08 per share. It said gross margin was "negatively impacted by the promotional business environment."
Fourth quarter sales rose 3.2% to $468m and comparable store sales increased 1.3%. For the fiscal year to 28 January, total sales were up 2.1% to $1.5bn and same-store sales increased 0.5% for the year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
After a weaker April, many US retailers reported stronger May sales, with a number recording better-than expected results. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' May 2012 sales results. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' April 2012 sales results....
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing