USA: Stage Stores Snaps Up Peebles For $167m
The Texas-based company, which operates 373 stores in small and mid-size towns and communities in 13 southern states, will also assume about $47m in debt of the 136-store franchise.
It added in a statement Peebles is based in Virginia and its outlets are scattered across small and mid-sized markets throughout 17 Mid-Atlantic, Southeastern and Midwestern states.
The retailer will also take over Peebles's private label credit card portfolio which it then plans to sell in order to retire debt. Peebles had sales of approximately $311m and net income of around $16.9m in the year to August 2.
Stage chairman, president and CEO, Jim Scarborough, said: "This transaction represents an outstanding and unique opportunity for us to acquire a strong, successful and similarly focused retail company with a long history of providing excellent service, merchandise selection and quality to its customers.
He added: "In order to maximise the potential of this acquisition, our integration plan calls for us to keep the highly recognisable Peebles name on the stores and to operate these stores as a division of Stage, with the key members of their senior management team continuing in their present capacities.
"These executives will retain responsibility for merchandising, marketing, store operations and distribution for the new Peebles Division."
Stage said it sees third quarter net income of $11.8m to $13m, or 58 to 63 cents a share, on revenue of between $201m and $204m, versus $204.4m in the year-ago period.
Companies: Stage Stores Inc
US retailer Stage Stores overcame the difficulties posed by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita to post record sales in financial 2005....
Stage Stores has announced the promotions of two of its senior executives....
Family goods retailer Stage Stores said it has applied for listing of its common stock on the New York Stock Exchange, and anticipates its stock will start trading on the exchange on 16 March under th...
Family apparel retailer Stage Stores has acquired privately owned department store chain BC Moore & Sons for approximately US$37.0m in cash....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' November sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' October sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' September sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' August sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020