JAPAN: S.T.Dupont Signs Men's Licensing Deal With Itochu
Under the deal, all licensed products in Japan will be marketed under the name S.T.Dupont Classics, and the two companies are targeting first year retail sales of JPY3.5 billion, increasing to JPY 6 billion for the third year.
Men's suits will be sold in department store shops-in-shops. The company plans to set up 15 shops-in-shops and expand to 25 in the coming three years.
Itochu is also planning to expand the licensing business, and in line with this strategy former Calvin Klein and Donna Karan executive Jason Basmajian has recently joined S.T.Dupont as design director of the Ready-to-Wear Division.
William Christie, president of S.T.Dupont's management board, said: "This agreement will strengthen our brand visibility in Japan and should make a significant contribution to sales growth of our products in that market."
Companies: Calvin Klein Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
It's not easy being green, but garment manufacturers are taking small steps towards offering eco-friendly apparel. Driven by consumer concerns about health and the environment, eco-friendly fabrics an...
Cash and carry chain Makro has been prosecuted for selling counterfeit Calvin Klein-branded jeans, despite an earlier out-of-court settlement with the Calvin Klein company....
Luxury label Calvin Klein is set to sign English football star David Beckham as an underwear model in a deal worth £1m, according to industry sources....
New York-based apparel company Warnaco Group has completed the acquisition of Phillips-Van Heusen's Calvin Klein subsidiary businesses in Europe and Asia....
Leading apparel maker Warnaco is to buy the companies that operate the licenses and related wholesale and retail businesses of Calvin Klein jeans and accessories in Europe and Asia for EUR240m (US$286...
Calvin Klein women's better sportswear, a division of the Kellwood Company, has named Chris Jackson vice president of design....
European polyester producer AdvanSA has introduced Coolmax into the women's ready-to-wear market....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022