US: Stein Mart appoints Katz as marketing VP
Stein Mart has announced that Glori Katz has been named as its senior vice president, marketing and advertising.
The 284-store national retailer said Katz's career spans more than 25 years in marketing and advertising, with the last half of her career at Sears.
She joined Sears in 1996 as brand advertising director for apparel and worked on Sears' famous "Softer Side" campaign.
Prior to her career with Sears, Katz spent two years with Jockey International as vice president of advertising, launching a new national campaign for Jockey and developing a licensing programme for Tommy Hilfiger.
"We are delighted to have Glori join our executive team and bring her well-rounded leadership to this critical area," said Linda Farthing, president and chief executive officer for Stein Mart.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Off-price fashion chain Stein Mart Inc is searching for a new chief executive officer to replace Linda M Farthing who has been in the post for just over a year....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' September 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Men's wear retailer JoS A Bank Clothiers has announced that James E Thorne has been promoted to senior vice president for merchandising at the company....
US retailer Sears is hoping to transform the online shopping experience at its sears.com website by adding both a visual search and virtual model to its entire online catalogue....
Retail giant Sears is set to launch a new collection of men's, women's and boys' sportswear inspired by the US Army's First Infantry Division....
The Benetton Group has increased half-year net income by 2% to reach EUR72m (US$106m), with apparel sales growing strongly and giant leaps being made in emerging markets....
US broadline retailer Sears Holdings Corporation has reported net income of US$65m for the second quarter, compared with net income of $173m for the same period last year....
Stein Mart incurred a net loss of US$8m in the second quarter, compared to net income of $2.2m, due to higher expenses from store closures and lower sales....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report