USA: Stein Mart, Inc. Sees Higher-Than-Expected Sales, Earnings
Stein Mart, Inc. (Nasdaq: SMRT) today announced that a record comparable store sales increase for the quarter ending July 1, 2000 will drive earnings for the period significantly higher than prior expectations.Comparable store sales increased approximately 12.5 percent from the second quarter of 1999 to the second quarter of 2000. The Company expects to report earnings per share approximately 25 percent ahead of analysts' current estimates of $0.25 per share.Stein Mart will report its complete second quarter and six months financial results prior to the opening of the financial markets on Tuesday, July 25, 2000. Further details will be available at that time.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"