US: Stein Mart names Stein CEO
Jay Stein has been named as the chief executive officer of off-price fashion retailer Stein Mart, after holding the position for two years on an interim basis.
Stein, who was named interim CEO in September 2011 following the retirement of David Stovall, will continue to serve as chairman of the board - a role he has held since 1989. He previously served as the retailer's CEO from 1990 to September 2001.
Stein Mart last month reported a 35.6% jump in first-quarter net profit to US$14.7m, driven by fewer markdowns and increased sales, which were up 3.8% to $321.4m.
Off-price fashion retailer Stein Mart Inc has turned in a profit during its third quarter thanks to "continued sales momentum."...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts