US: Stein Mart names Stein CEO
Jay Stein has been named as the chief executive officer of off-price fashion retailer Stein Mart, after holding the position for two years on an interim basis.
Stein, who was named interim CEO in September 2011 following the retirement of David Stovall, will continue to serve as chairman of the board - a role he has held since 1989. He previously served as the retailer's CEO from 1990 to September 2001.
Stein Mart last month reported a 35.6% jump in first-quarter net profit to US$14.7m, driven by fewer markdowns and increased sales, which were up 3.8% to $321.4m.
Off-price fashion retailer Stein Mart Inc has turned in a profit during its third quarter thanks to "continued sales momentum."...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020