US: Stein Mart names Stein CEO
Jay Stein has been named as the chief executive officer of off-price fashion retailer Stein Mart, after holding the position for two years on an interim basis.
Stein, who was named interim CEO in September 2011 following the retirement of David Stovall, will continue to serve as chairman of the board - a role he has held since 1989. He previously served as the retailer's CEO from 1990 to September 2001.
Stein Mart last month reported a 35.6% jump in first-quarter net profit to US$14.7m, driven by fewer markdowns and increased sales, which were up 3.8% to $321.4m.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Apparel buyers miss out on commodity cost savings
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- Earthquake damage at Bangladesh garment factories
- Ascena Retail to buy Ann Taylor owner for $2bn
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- China and India to exploit trade relationship