US: Stein Mart names Stein CEO
Jay Stein has been named as the chief executive officer of off-price fashion retailer Stein Mart, after holding the position for two years on an interim basis.
Stein, who was named interim CEO in September 2011 following the retirement of David Stovall, will continue to serve as chairman of the board - a role he has held since 1989. He previously served as the retailer's CEO from 1990 to September 2001.
Stein Mart last month reported a 35.6% jump in first-quarter net profit to US$14.7m, driven by fewer markdowns and increased sales, which were up 3.8% to $321.4m.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam