US: Stein Mart names Stein CEO
Jay Stein has been named as the chief executive officer of off-price fashion retailer Stein Mart, after holding the position for two years on an interim basis.
Stein, who was named interim CEO in September 2011 following the retirement of David Stovall, will continue to serve as chairman of the board - a role he has held since 1989. He previously served as the retailer's CEO from 1990 to September 2001.
Stein Mart last month reported a 35.6% jump in first-quarter net profit to US$14.7m, driven by fewer markdowns and increased sales, which were up 3.8% to $321.4m.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- PSF 2014: Ten sustainability takeaways
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy