US: Stein Mart to restate financial results for 3 years
Discount clothing and homewares retailer Stein Mart Inc is to restate more than three years' worth of financial reports after identifying a number of accounting errors.
The errors relate to the way markdowns were accounted and their impact on the value of unsold inventory and cost of sales; as well as the calculation of leasehold improvement costs, which led to earnings being under or over-stated.
The company said the issues were discovered when it replaced its legacy merchandise information system during the second quarter of 2012.
Stein Mart plans to re-state its financial statements for fiscal years 2009, 2010 and 2011, as well as its data for the first quarter of 2012.
It added that none of the changes affect its affect its current cash balances.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' February 2013 sales results. It is worth noting that from this month, a number of retailers are no longer reporting their sales res...
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- ANALYSIS: Back-to-school spending a waiting game
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- 'Cotton of the Carolinas' grows reshoring efforts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report