US: Stein Mart to restate financial results for 3 years
Discount clothing and homewares retailer Stein Mart Inc is to restate more than three years' worth of financial reports after identifying a number of accounting errors.
The errors relate to the way markdowns were accounted and their impact on the value of unsold inventory and cost of sales; as well as the calculation of leasehold improvement costs, which led to earnings being under or over-stated.
The company said the issues were discovered when it replaced its legacy merchandise information system during the second quarter of 2012.
Stein Mart plans to re-state its financial statements for fiscal years 2009, 2010 and 2011, as well as its data for the first quarter of 2012.
It added that none of the changes affect its affect its current cash balances.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' February 2013 sales results. It is worth noting that from this month, a number of retailers are no longer reporting their sales res...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis