FRANCE: Stephane Kelian Production In Liquidation
Stephane Kelian Production, the manufacturing unit of luxury shoe company Stephane Kelian, has gone into liquidation following its insolvency filing on 11 August.
The unit, which employs 143 at its site in Bourg-de-Peage, south central France, has said that it has debts worth €3.0 million and that it lacks the price and production competitiveness it needs.
Stephane Kelian went into receivership in 2002 and was subsequently bought out by luxury group Francesco Smalto, which divided the business up into ten different units.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth