USA: Steve Madden Appoints New Diva Chief
Steven Madden, Ltd announced Monday that Rob Schmertz, 37, has been promoted to the newly created position of president of Diva Acquisition Corp., the company's wholly-owned subsidiary that designs, produces, and markets the David Aaron brand. Mr Schmertz, who has 17 years of experience in the footwear industry, has been with Steven Madden, Ltd since May 1998. In this new role, he will be responsible for the overall strategic direction of the David Aaron business, further building the brand and overseeing the growth of both the wholesale and retail segments of the division.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022