USA: Steve Madden Appoints New Diva Chief
Steven Madden, Ltd announced Monday that Rob Schmertz, 37, has been promoted to the newly created position of president of Diva Acquisition Corp., the company's wholly-owned subsidiary that designs, produces, and markets the David Aaron brand. Mr Schmertz, who has 17 years of experience in the footwear industry, has been with Steven Madden, Ltd since May 1998. In this new role, he will be responsible for the overall strategic direction of the David Aaron business, further building the brand and overseeing the growth of both the wholesale and retail segments of the division.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective