USA: Steve Madden Appoints New Diva Chief
Steven Madden, Ltd announced Monday that Rob Schmertz, 37, has been promoted to the newly created position of president of Diva Acquisition Corp., the company's wholly-owned subsidiary that designs, produces, and markets the David Aaron brand. Mr Schmertz, who has 17 years of experience in the footwear industry, has been with Steven Madden, Ltd since May 1998. In this new role, he will be responsible for the overall strategic direction of the David Aaron business, further building the brand and overseeing the growth of both the wholesale and retail segments of the division.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022