US: Steve Madden Q4 sales up but lowers FY guidance
Footwear business Steve Madden has booked an increase in fourth-quarter sales but lowered its earnings guidance for the full year, on the back of soft retail traffic and sales trends.
In the three months to the end of December, sales reached US$342.6m, an 8.6% increase on the prior year period.
In the group's wholesale division, revenues grew 10.5% to $273.1m, while retail sales rose 1.7% to $69.5m. Retail comparable store sales, however, dropped 6.7%.
For its fiscal 2013 year, net sales reached $1.314bn, a 7.1% increase on fiscal 2012.
For the full year, Steve Madden said it now expects diluted EPS to be around $1.97, at the lower end of its guidance range of $1.97 to $2.03.
For fiscal year 2014, the company expects that net sales will increase 5% to 7% over net sales in 2013. Diluted EPS is expected to be in the range of $2.05 to $2.15.
"Our wholesale business met expectations during the fourth quarter, but our retail segment was below plan primarily due to softer-than-anticipated performance in December," said CEO Edward Rosenfeld.
"Looking ahead, while we are confident that we can maintain solid momentum in our wholesale business, we are cautious on the near-term outlook for our retail segment given the recent softness in traffic and sales trends."
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has revealed flat sales in its fourth-quarter, below expectations, and lowered its EPS guidance for the full year....
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has posted softer than expected results in the third quarter, weighed down by lower sales and a "lack of fashion footwear trends."...
US footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has lowered its full-year outlook on the back of "disappointing" third-quarter results....
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Under Armour unveils newest retail presence
- Accord "concerned" at delays in remediation
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015