US: Steve Madden teams with UES on new shoe line
New York-based shoe brand UES (Upper Echelon Shoes) and footwear powerhouse Steve Madden are teaming up on a joint collection for autumn 2010.
Each party will have an even stake in the venture, with UES designer Seth Campbell helming the brand's design while Madden aids in its expansion, production and distribution.
"We want to be a part of cool things, and not everything has to be about our brand," says Madden.
"We're now in the fortunate position of being able to take more of a nurturing role in things other than Steve Madden."
The new line of designer-casual footwear will be priced competitively to grow department store business. There are also plans to expand business overseas and increase online sales.
Fashion footwear and accessories company Steve Madden's second quarter profit surged up 63%, boosted by a 36.2% hike in revenues for the US company....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack