CANADA: Steve Madden to acquire licensee for US$29m
Footwear and accessories business Steve Madden is to buy its Canadian licensee in a deal worth about US$29m.
The acquisition of privately-owned SM Canada comprises businesses including Steve Madden Canada, Steve Madden Retail Canada, Pasa Agency and Gelati Imports.
SM Canada is responsible for marketing Steve Madden products in Canada in the wholesale sector, as well as supplying seven branded retail stores.
The purchase price is subject to a working capital adjustment, plus earn-out provisions based on financial performance up until March 2017. SM Canada recorded net sales of about $32m in the year to 31 July 2011.
“Canada is a strong and growing market for the Steve Madden brand,” said Steve Madden chairman and CEO Edward Rosenfeld.
“Upon completion of this transaction, we intend to enhance our presence in major department stores and specialty stores, expand our portfolio of Steve Madden stores and further build the infrastructure to support a growing business.”
UK clothing company Supergroup has entered into an exclusive long-term franchise agreement with Reliance Brands to launch the Superdry brand in India....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
Footwear and accessories maker Steve Madden has today (3 May) posted a 22.5% increase in first-quarter net income, on the back of increased wholesale footwear and accessories sales....
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024