CANADA: Steve Madden to acquire licensee for US$29m
Footwear and accessories business Steve Madden is to buy its Canadian licensee in a deal worth about US$29m.
The acquisition of privately-owned SM Canada comprises businesses including Steve Madden Canada, Steve Madden Retail Canada, Pasa Agency and Gelati Imports.
SM Canada is responsible for marketing Steve Madden products in Canada in the wholesale sector, as well as supplying seven branded retail stores.
The purchase price is subject to a working capital adjustment, plus earn-out provisions based on financial performance up until March 2017. SM Canada recorded net sales of about $32m in the year to 31 July 2011.
“Canada is a strong and growing market for the Steve Madden brand,” said Steve Madden chairman and CEO Edward Rosenfeld.
“Upon completion of this transaction, we intend to enhance our presence in major department stores and specialty stores, expand our portfolio of Steve Madden stores and further build the infrastructure to support a growing business.”
UK clothing company Supergroup has entered into an exclusive long-term franchise agreement with Reliance Brands to launch the Superdry brand in India....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
Footwear and accessories maker Steve Madden has today (3 May) posted a 22.5% increase in first-quarter net income, on the back of increased wholesale footwear and accessories sales....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020