CANADA: Steve Madden to acquire licensee for US$29m
Footwear and accessories business Steve Madden is to buy its Canadian licensee in a deal worth about US$29m.
The acquisition of privately-owned SM Canada comprises businesses including Steve Madden Canada, Steve Madden Retail Canada, Pasa Agency and Gelati Imports.
SM Canada is responsible for marketing Steve Madden products in Canada in the wholesale sector, as well as supplying seven branded retail stores.
The purchase price is subject to a working capital adjustment, plus earn-out provisions based on financial performance up until March 2017. SM Canada recorded net sales of about $32m in the year to 31 July 2011.
“Canada is a strong and growing market for the Steve Madden brand,” said Steve Madden chairman and CEO Edward Rosenfeld.
“Upon completion of this transaction, we intend to enhance our presence in major department stores and specialty stores, expand our portfolio of Steve Madden stores and further build the infrastructure to support a growing business.”
UK clothing company Supergroup has entered into an exclusive long-term franchise agreement with Reliance Brands to launch the Superdry brand in India....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
Footwear and accessories maker Steve Madden has today (3 May) posted a 22.5% increase in first-quarter net income, on the back of increased wholesale footwear and accessories sales....
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- SuperGroup realigns supply chain to support growth
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects