UK: Steve Makin named Umbro CEO as McGuigan resigns
UK sports brand Umbro Plc yesterday (11 June) announced the resignation of its chief executive Peter McGuigan and said CFO Steve Makin will step into the role with immediate effect.
McGuigan, who has been with the company for the last eight years, will take up the role of chief executive at Americana, a private equity backed business which owns the Bench and Hooch trademarks.
A search process for a new chief financial officer is underway, the company said.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Nike has high hopes for Umbro. The world’s leading sports brand targets football as a key growth category, and its US$582m bid for Umbro will undoubtedly shake up the sportswear sector. Joe Ayling loo...
Nike has high hopes for Umbro. The world's leading sports brand targets football as a key growth category, and its US$582m bid for Umbro will undoubtedly shake up the sportswear sector. Joe Ayling loo...
Japanese sports shoe specialist Asics has distanced itself from reports that it is preparing a joint bid with Nike for Germany's Adidas....
UK entrepreneur Mike Ashley is believed to be revving up the share repurchase of his Sport Direct International business amid speculation that he could be trying to take the retailer private again....
Two of the UK's leading sportswear firms were left reeling this morning (22 November) as they woke up to the realisation that England would not be taking part in football's Euro 2008 tournament....
Mike Ashley's Sports Direct chain has sold its 8.8m shares stake in Amer Sports Corp, which is listed on the Helsinki Stock Exchange, for EUR166.6m (GBP116.2m)....
Sportswear giant Nike has named Bert Hoyt as the company's new vice president and general manager of global football - one of its key business areas....
Sports Direct has increased its stake in Nike target Umbro to 29.9% from 15%....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar