USA: Steven Madden Plans To Launch Men's Footwear Line
Steven Madden, Ltd, a designer, wholesaler, and marketer of fashion footwear for women and children, today announced plans to launch a men's footwear line. A preview of the new line will debut at the FFANY Shoe Show on November 27-29, 2000, and select styles will be shipped to retail customers in time for the Spring selling season. The full collection will be unveiled in February 2001 at the MAGIC and the WSA Shoe Shows in Las Vegas.The business will operate under a new division led by Harry Chen, president of the newly formed men's division, who will report directly to Rhonda Brown, the company's president and COO. Assisting in the management of the new line will be Ken Braun, vice president of sales, who has over twenty years experience in men's footwear.Rhonda Brown, President and Chief Operating Officer, said: "This is a natural extension for our business and we will be able to leverage our existing infrastructure. Most importantly, by adding men's shoes to our product mix, we have set the stage to meet the footwear fashion needs of a broad based audience including men, women and children."Steve Madden, CEO, concluded: "With the addition of Harry Chen and Ken Braun, I now feel comfortable that we have the people and the infrastructure to create an explosion in the men's market. There is obviously a large market for modern male footwear and with our new line, we are responding to the growing consumer demand."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020