CZECH REPUBLIC: Stival Ends Footwear Production
Stival Napajedla, one of the largest and best-know Czech footwear producers, has decided to end own shoe production as it sold its shoe plant in Veseli nad Moravou, where it made most of its shoes, to Penta Shoe run by Stival's ex-managers, the daily Mlada fronta Dnes (MfD) reported. "The managers who were in charge of the shoe factory in Veseli were given a choice: either they take over the production or the company will be wound up. Rumour has it that the holding company itself will end up in liquidation and only the sales network will remain," MfD quoted an unnamed source familiar with Stival's situation as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020