CHINA: Store Operator Sees Its Loss Widen By 50 Per Cent
Department store operator Sincere's business deteriorated in the six months to August 31, with the company's loss increasing more than 50 per cent, the South China Morning Post reported today.The company posted a net loss of HK$70.27m for the period, up from HK$46.25m in the same period last year.Turnover was down 62.57 per cent to HK$205m from HK$547.78m previously. Loss per share was 12.24 HK cents. No dividend was declared.Sincere operates two big stores and three speciality shops in Hong Kong. The company is also involved in property investment in Britain and the mainland. The downturn in the SAR retail market led to the company making losses in past two years.Given the losses, doubts were cast in August on Sincere's decision to increase payments to its three executive directors by five per cent to HK$22.15m in the year to February.The payments, which included salaries, allowances and bonuses, came close to the HK$26.47m loss the company recorded in the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022