CHINA: Store Operator Sees Its Loss Widen By 50 Per Cent
Department store operator Sincere's business deteriorated in the six months to August 31, with the company's loss increasing more than 50 per cent, the South China Morning Post reported today.The company posted a net loss of HK$70.27m for the period, up from HK$46.25m in the same period last year.Turnover was down 62.57 per cent to HK$205m from HK$547.78m previously. Loss per share was 12.24 HK cents. No dividend was declared.Sincere operates two big stores and three speciality shops in Hong Kong. The company is also involved in property investment in Britain and the mainland. The downturn in the SAR retail market led to the company making losses in past two years.Given the losses, doubts were cast in August on Sincere's decision to increase payments to its three executive directors by five per cent to HK$22.15m in the year to February.The payments, which included salaries, allowances and bonuses, came close to the HK$26.47m loss the company recorded in the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020