CHINA: Store Wars Take To The Streets
Retailing rivalry was taken a step too far as a dispute between two department stores ended up in a street brawl between rival workers, reported the Chengsi Morning News. It's claimed that the scuffle, which needed 100 policeman to break it up, broke out after 300 workers from the Zhengzhou Overseas Chinese department store in the Henan province gathered outside rival store Zijinshan for an allegedly company sponsored protest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores