UK: STR Acquires PPT Textile Testing Business
International consumer product compliance test-house, Specialised Technology Resources (UK) Ltd (STR) has acquired the textiles testing business of Derbyshire based Precision Processes (Textiles) Ltd (PPT).
Dr Ian Saunderson, STR's European chief executive, said: "PPT is a very strong brand within the UK textiles testing market and will further strengthen our offering in this field, particularly to major high street retailers and their suppliers.
"This strategic acquisition is a perfect fit for STR, supporting our global growth plans. It is a very exciting development for STR and we look forward to building on PPT's strengths as we integrate them with our other major textiles quality assurance (QA) facilities in Europe, Turkey, Hong Kong and China."
Established in 1946, STR is a major QA service provider covering the entire spectrum of consumer products, offering services such as ethical and capability audits of factories, product safety and compliance testing and product inspections.
PPT's managing director, Dr David Connell commented: "We welcome this development as a very positive move.
"PPT already has an international outlook with its many activities in a great number of countries worldwide. The global STR network will allow these to be developed significantly to the benefit of the textile industry as a whole."
Established in 1953, PPT is a provider of textile QA services, principally in the UK, but with an increasing international profile. It offers a wide range of services principally into the textile and apparel industries covering performance and safety testing, equipment and method evaluation, fault investigation, and laboratory accreditation on behalf of retailers and brands.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth