US: Stratasys claims 3D printer first
3D printed shoes
US 3D printer maker Stratasys is claiming a world first with the launch of its Objet500 Connex3 Colour Multi-material 3D Printer, which it says is the first to combine colours with multi-material 3D printing.
Describing it as a “game-changer” for product design, engineering and manufacturing processes, Stratasys said the new printer’s triple-jetting technology combined droplets of three base materials to produce parts with “virtually unlimited” combinations of rigid, flexible and transparent colour materials.
Adding colour digital materials, it said, made the new printer a “significant time saver”, helping developers to validate designs before committing to manufacturing, thus bringing products to market faster.
Stratasys CEO David Reis said the printer would “transform the way our customers design, engineer and manufacture new products”.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide