US: Stratasys claims 3D printer first
3D printed shoes
US 3D printer maker Stratasys is claiming a world first with the launch of its Objet500 Connex3 Colour Multi-material 3D Printer, which it says is the first to combine colours with multi-material 3D printing.
Describing it as a “game-changer” for product design, engineering and manufacturing processes, Stratasys said the new printer’s triple-jetting technology combined droplets of three base materials to produce parts with “virtually unlimited” combinations of rigid, flexible and transparent colour materials.
Adding colour digital materials, it said, made the new printer a “significant time saver”, helping developers to validate designs before committing to manufacturing, thus bringing products to market faster.
Stratasys CEO David Reis said the printer would “transform the way our customers design, engineer and manufacture new products”.
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- LVMH to sell Donna Karan to G-III for US$650m
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020