US: Stratasys claims 3D printer first
3D printed shoes
US 3D printer maker Stratasys is claiming a world first with the launch of its Objet500 Connex3 Colour Multi-material 3D Printer, which it says is the first to combine colours with multi-material 3D printing.
Describing it as a “game-changer” for product design, engineering and manufacturing processes, Stratasys said the new printer’s triple-jetting technology combined droplets of three base materials to produce parts with “virtually unlimited” combinations of rigid, flexible and transparent colour materials.
Adding colour digital materials, it said, made the new printer a “significant time saver”, helping developers to validate designs before committing to manufacturing, thus bringing products to market faster.
Stratasys CEO David Reis said the printer would “transform the way our customers design, engineer and manufacture new products”.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report