US: Stratasys claims 3D printer first
3D printed shoes
US 3D printer maker Stratasys is claiming a world first with the launch of its Objet500 Connex3 Colour Multi-material 3D Printer, which it says is the first to combine colours with multi-material 3D printing.
Describing it as a “game-changer” for product design, engineering and manufacturing processes, Stratasys said the new printer’s triple-jetting technology combined droplets of three base materials to produce parts with “virtually unlimited” combinations of rigid, flexible and transparent colour materials.
Adding colour digital materials, it said, made the new printer a “significant time saver”, helping developers to validate designs before committing to manufacturing, thus bringing products to market faster.
Stratasys CEO David Reis said the printer would “transform the way our customers design, engineer and manufacture new products”.
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- JC Penney to close 10 Foundry stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead