US: Stratasys claims 3D printer first
3D printed shoes
US 3D printer maker Stratasys is claiming a world first with the launch of its Objet500 Connex3 Colour Multi-material 3D Printer, which it says is the first to combine colours with multi-material 3D printing.
Describing it as a “game-changer” for product design, engineering and manufacturing processes, Stratasys said the new printer’s triple-jetting technology combined droplets of three base materials to produce parts with “virtually unlimited” combinations of rigid, flexible and transparent colour materials.
Adding colour digital materials, it said, made the new printer a “significant time saver”, helping developers to validate designs before committing to manufacturing, thus bringing products to market faster.
Stratasys CEO David Reis said the printer would “transform the way our customers design, engineer and manufacture new products”.
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- India sets out long-overdue clothing labour reform
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts