HONDURAS: Stretchline sets up Central America production
Stretchline Holdings, the specialist supplier of narrow fabrics and knitted elastics used in lingerie and activewear, has opened its latest joint venture in Honduras to help speed supply times to retailers and brands in the US and Canada.
Stretchline Central America is a partnership between Stretchline Holdings and the Canahuati family - and gives the company in-region CAFTA production to add to its existing operations in Mexico, US, UK, Sri Lanka, Indonesia and China.
Alongside its traditional woven, jacquard woven and knitted narrow elastics, Stretchline will be able to offer its technical brand portfolio which includes Fortitube (puncture resistant bra wire casing), Locksafe (anti runback and anti unravel knitted elastics), Stay4sure (gently adhering Silicon coating) and Bondelast (elastic with an adhesive layer).
The Stretchline Group currently produces over 1bn metres of narrow fabrics per year.
"With this acquisition, we will be able to take greater advantage of opportunities presenting themselves within the CAFTA region," explained Timothy Speldewinde, CEO of Stretchline Global. "By doing this venture we are increasing the capabilities and capacities on offer to the garment industry within Central America."
"The proximity for speed to market, time zone difference and general ease of doing business with US and Canadian retailers and brands gives us and our customers a competitive edge".
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide