HONDURAS: Stretchline sets up Central America production
Stretchline Holdings, the specialist supplier of narrow fabrics and knitted elastics used in lingerie and activewear, has opened its latest joint venture in Honduras to help speed supply times to retailers and brands in the US and Canada.
Stretchline Central America is a partnership between Stretchline Holdings and the Canahuati family - and gives the company in-region CAFTA production to add to its existing operations in Mexico, US, UK, Sri Lanka, Indonesia and China.
Alongside its traditional woven, jacquard woven and knitted narrow elastics, Stretchline will be able to offer its technical brand portfolio which includes Fortitube (puncture resistant bra wire casing), Locksafe (anti runback and anti unravel knitted elastics), Stay4sure (gently adhering Silicon coating) and Bondelast (elastic with an adhesive layer).
The Stretchline Group currently produces over 1bn metres of narrow fabrics per year.
"With this acquisition, we will be able to take greater advantage of opportunities presenting themselves within the CAFTA region," explained Timothy Speldewinde, CEO of Stretchline Global. "By doing this venture we are increasing the capabilities and capacities on offer to the garment industry within Central America."
"The proximity for speed to market, time zone difference and general ease of doing business with US and Canadian retailers and brands gives us and our customers a competitive edge".
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts