HONDURAS: Stretchline sets up Central America production
Stretchline Holdings, the specialist supplier of narrow fabrics and knitted elastics used in lingerie and activewear, has opened its latest joint venture in Honduras to help speed supply times to retailers and brands in the US and Canada.
Stretchline Central America is a partnership between Stretchline Holdings and the Canahuati family - and gives the company in-region CAFTA production to add to its existing operations in Mexico, US, UK, Sri Lanka, Indonesia and China.
Alongside its traditional woven, jacquard woven and knitted narrow elastics, Stretchline will be able to offer its technical brand portfolio which includes Fortitube (puncture resistant bra wire casing), Locksafe (anti runback and anti unravel knitted elastics), Stay4sure (gently adhering Silicon coating) and Bondelast (elastic with an adhesive layer).
The Stretchline Group currently produces over 1bn metres of narrow fabrics per year.
"With this acquisition, we will be able to take greater advantage of opportunities presenting themselves within the CAFTA region," explained Timothy Speldewinde, CEO of Stretchline Global. "By doing this venture we are increasing the capabilities and capacities on offer to the garment industry within Central America."
"The proximity for speed to market, time zone difference and general ease of doing business with US and Canadian retailers and brands gives us and our customers a competitive edge".
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects