HONDURAS: Stretchline sets up Central America production
Stretchline Holdings, the specialist supplier of narrow fabrics and knitted elastics used in lingerie and activewear, has opened its latest joint venture in Honduras to help speed supply times to retailers and brands in the US and Canada.
Stretchline Central America is a partnership between Stretchline Holdings and the Canahuati family - and gives the company in-region CAFTA production to add to its existing operations in Mexico, US, UK, Sri Lanka, Indonesia and China.
Alongside its traditional woven, jacquard woven and knitted narrow elastics, Stretchline will be able to offer its technical brand portfolio which includes Fortitube (puncture resistant bra wire casing), Locksafe (anti runback and anti unravel knitted elastics), Stay4sure (gently adhering Silicon coating) and Bondelast (elastic with an adhesive layer).
The Stretchline Group currently produces over 1bn metres of narrow fabrics per year.
"With this acquisition, we will be able to take greater advantage of opportunities presenting themselves within the CAFTA region," explained Timothy Speldewinde, CEO of Stretchline Global. "By doing this venture we are increasing the capabilities and capacities on offer to the garment industry within Central America."
"The proximity for speed to market, time zone difference and general ease of doing business with US and Canadian retailers and brands gives us and our customers a competitive edge".
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey