US: Strickland to expand Mount Vernon Mills denim
US textile maker Mount Vernon Mills has named Bud Strickland as the director of product development for the company's denim division.
Strickland, who has previously headed product development for companies including the Cone Denim division of International Textile Group, Liberty Denim and Cone Mills, is tasked with expanding Mount Vernon Mills' denim collection.
"Bud brings a wealth of experience in product development, as well as other key management positions," says Richard Turner, president of the apparel fabrics division of Mount Vernon Mills.
"During his 38 years in this industry, he has developed extensive customer relationships, both domestically and internationally."
The Apparel Fabrics Group of Mount Vernon Mills produces denim, flame resistant and piece-dyed fabric and accounts for more than half of all company sales.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has launched a collection of jeans combining cotton with polyester fibre made from recycled bottles and food trays, as part of its ongoing sustainable design initiative....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022