Stride Rite develops odour-eliminating footwear
The Stride Rite footwear brand is to develop odour-eliminating shoes for children – marketing the line as “anti-stink” technology.
The move follows a new partnership with Celessence Technologies, whose fragrance micro-encapsulation technology will provide a fresh, long-lasting solution to children's shoe odours and will debut as part of the company's spring 2016 Made 2 Play sandal collection.
“By adding tiny Celessence micro-capsules to our linings, sandals will stay fresh smelling through an entire summer of play,” explains Gillian Meek, vice president of product and brand.
Shibani Mohindra, managing director of Celessence Technologies, adds: “Our technology is activated through touch, friction or motion. As kids run and play, the pressure of each step provides a burst of freshness that eliminates odours and prevents smells.”
The microcapsules are bound to a surface with a proprietary binder that ensures controlled release that is long lasting, affordable and even wash durable. In many cases, the benefit release can last the life of the product, representing a significant point of difference to past efforts to apply scent or actives to textiles.
Based in the UK, Celessence Technologies has recently launched a licensing programme to grow the brand in the US, where it is partnering with Genius Brands International and its subsidiary A Squared Entertainment.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack