US: Stride Rite steps into Australia and New Zealand
As part of its ongoing strategy to expand the company's global footprint, Collective Brands' Performance + Lifestyle Group has signed a licensing and retail deal to launch its Stride Rite brand in Australia and New Zealand.
The agreement inked with Lew Footwear Holdings Pty Ltd (LFH) will see the opening of the first stand-alone Stride Rite store later this year which, as well as the namesake line will also sell brands like Robeez for Stride Rite, Saucony Kids, Keds Kids and Sperry Top-Sider Kids.
LFH will also market and sell Stride Rite and Robeez for Stride Rite through Stride Rite shop-in-shops and ecommerce throughout the two countries.
"We believe shoppers in Australia and New Zealand will embrace the fun, innovative and technology-based footwear products our children's brands have to offer," said Gregg Ribatt, president and CEO of Collective Brands Performance + Lifestyle Group.
As well as operating many of its own brands, the Lew Group holds the license to operate retail stores in Australia and New Zealand for French Connection UK, Nine West and Steve Madden. It also has a joint venture to operate Zara stores in Australia and New Zealand.
TradeCard Inc, the supply chain collaboration platform used by retailers, brands and manufacturers, is expanding in Asia with the addition of former Kurt Salmon consultant Cliff Entrekin to its busine...
Footwear retailer Stride Rite Children's Group is taking its first step into infant apparel with the launch of Robeez by Stride Rite Layette....
Footwear firm Collective Brands has inked new distribution agreements to expand its Sperry Top-Sider, Keds and Saucony brands internationally....
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade