US: Stride Rite to launch Jessica Simpson footwear
Footwear specialist Stride Rite is poised to sell a range of Jessica Simpson branded footwear after signing a global licensing deal with the Camuto Group.
The company's Stride Rite Children's Group will design, develop, manufacture and distribute the footwear, which will be launched in the 2008 holiday period, aimed at the tween market.
Consisting of current Jessica Simpson women's styles in youth sizes and youth-specific lines, the range will be distributed through major department stores, speciality retailers and Stride Rite stores in the US.
"We look forward to taking the brand into the girls' market as part of a key strategy to expand beyond our core target and are thrilled to add the Jessica Simpson brand to our expanding portfolio," said Pam Salkovitz, president of Stride Rite Children's Group.
Vince Camuto, CEO of the Camuto Group, said the company was "extremely excited" to bring the brand into the tween footwear arena.
"Stride Rite is the ideal partner for this venture as they have the broadest depth of knowledge and expertise in this market," he added.
Adidas America Inc has been awarded $305m after the federal court in Portland, Oregon ruled that footwear firm Collective Brands Inc infringed its three-stripe trademark....
Footwear company Stride Rite has teamed up with children's entertainment specialist Nickelodeon to launch a four-strong range of "slime-inspired" footwear for children....
The retail slowdown and its acquisition of Stride Rite sent full-year profits into a nose-dive at leading footwear company Collective Brands....
Footwear company Collective Brands is to close two of its five distribution centres in North America, axing 180 jobs in the process....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores