VIETNAM: Strike ends at Nike supplier plant - report
Strike action at a footwear plant in Vietnam that manufactures shoes for Nike has been resolved, according to media reports.
Around 10,000 workers went on strike at the plant, located in Dong Nai, near Ho Chi Minh City, last week (30 November). The workers were demanding an increased salary amid rising inflation rates in the country.
The strike action, which lasted five-days, was resolved today (3 December) when South Korean-owner Tae Kwang Vina agreed on a monthly transportation allowance and improved eating facilities at the factory, reported the Associated Press.
Rock climbing-inspired apparel and footwear brand Patagonia has pioneered the use of organic cotton and recycled polyester in its outdoor clothing and posted sales of US$330m last year. Joe Ayling int...
Despite all the hype about digital printing over the last few years, just 2% of the world's printed fabric is produced using this method. One of the reasons for this slow uptake is that digital printi...
The choice between fight and flight is taking on a new meaning in the sporting goods sector. Brands are soaring by exploiting new opportunities in emerging markets, while a subsequent fight for remain...
Kenya's apparel exports suffered a serious setback at the beginning of this year when ethnic violence erupted across the country. Orders are now returning, and garment makers are pinning their hopes o...
Apparel maker Tefron has swung to a net loss of US$0.7m for the first quarter of 2008, from a profit of $3.8m eriod last year, as margins were struck by the devaluation of the US dollar versus the New...
Footwear specialist Crocs has recruited Adam Baker to fill the newly-created position of vice president, merchandising, at the company....
IT provider Siemens has been awarded a global five-year contract to provide end-user outsourcing services to athletic firm Nike Inc....
Sportswear giant Nike has named Keith Houlemard as the new president of its Jordan brand, replacing previous incumbent Garry Cook....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020